The Board of Directors meets on the first Wednesday of each month in the Carlyle Room. The meeting will be called to order at 7:00 p.m. All residents are invited to attend. More information about the decisions below will be included in the next issue of The Chronicle.
There were ten residents in attendance at the meeting. No comments were made during the Open Forum.
- The Board unanimously approved the July 10 meeting minutes as amended.
- The Board unanimously approved the Landscape Committee’s request for $19K to refurbish the rear dog walk area (phase 1 of a 3-phase landscape project). President Binker reminded Management to be more conscientious when spending throughout the fiscal year.
- The Board unanimously approved an expenditure of $8,387 to replace the HVAC unit in the commercial space at 2165 Jamieson Avenue.
- President Binker welcomed new Board Director, Bob Lentini, and explained that the Board will appoint committee members and liaisons at the October Board meeting. He also announced that the additional new pool furniture will arrive this week.
- Treasurer Cawley reported that the Association is over budget by $75K. He also suggested that Management feature an article about elevator safety in the upcoming newsletter.
- Vice President Mellen presented the idea of an awareness campaign with the goal of lowering CTC utility bills; she also announced that, as Board liaison to the Election Committee, she volunteers to work with the committee to simplify the ballot and proxy instructions to increase resident participation in the annual elections. Finally, she provided a synopsis of the smoking survey results, and reminded residents that this was only a survey (and does not represent resident “votes”), and that more community participation and input on this topic is needed; a more detailed report will be presented at the October 2 Board meeting.
- Director Bairstow informed the board and residents in attendance that the Dine In/Out Club will begin in January, after the holidays.
- Mr. Tap, Chair of the Energy Committee, provided the Board with a written update from the committee.
- Management presented before and after photos of the dryer duct cleaning. President Binker suggests residents have their ducts cleaned periodically.
- There are currently 95 units that are leased by owners; this is equivalent to a rental ratio of 17%. (There are also 11 units that are vacant.)
- 257 residents participated in the SmarTrip program for the month of August.