Due to the on-going COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic, the Alexandria, Virginia Department of Recreation, Parks and Cultural Activities (RPCA) has made the following service adjustments:
- All spring programs, classes, activities, sports leagues, Out of School Time programs and camps taking place prior to June 22 are cancelled.
- The opening of registration for summer programs is delayed until at least May 6. Summer registration applies to classes, leagues and activities taking place June 22 through September 4.
- Summer camp registration is suspended until at least May 6.
- All facility and picnic reservations are suspended until at least May 6.
To continue to provide opportunities that improve the well-being of the community, RPCA is now offering virtual programming. Visit alexandriava.gov/Recreation for a list of free virtual opportunities to exercise your mind and body from home. Program options include performances, fitness classes, poetry readings, and activities for youth. New programs are being added regularly, so check back often.
The Alexandria Health Department strongly urges everyone to stay home except for essential trips such as food purchases and medical care, and keep six feet apart from others when in public. Each individual can help stop the spread of COVID-19 coronavirus in our community by following this guidance:
- DO: Maintain six feet of personal space
- DO: Cover your coughs and sneezes
- DO: Wash your hands often or use hand sanitizer
- DO: Call your doctor and describe symptoms before going
- DON’T: Leave the house if you’re sick
- DON’T: Attend any non-essential gatherings, or any gatherings of over 10 people
Visit alexandriava.gov/Coronavirus for the most up-to-date information from the Alexandria Health Department. For questions about COVID-19, call the Alexandria COVID-19 Information Line at 703.746.4988, weekdays from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Virginia residents can also call the Virginia Department of Health public information line, 877-ASK-VDH3, for questions about the novel coronavirus situation.
Visit alexandriava.gov/Recreation for RPCA service updates and virtual programming opportunities.