The Carlyle Towers Board of Directors meets on the first Wednesday of each month in the Carlyle Room. The meetings are called to order at 7:00 pm. All residents are invited to attend. More information about the decisions below will be included in the next issue of The Chronicle.
In addition to the five Board members, there were ten residents in attendance at the meeting.
- The Board unanimously ratified their decision to accept the proposal from Just-Rite Equipment for replacement of the South Building large loading dock door in the amount of $25,894.
- The Board unanimously ratified their decision to accept the proposal from Hurley Company for replacement of the South & West Building boiler flues in the amount of $23,974.
- The Board unanimously ratified their decision to accept the proposal from TrashMasters for replacement of the East & West Building trash compactors in the amount of $31,164.
- The Board President re-appointed the following members to the Election Committee; Robert Tap, Chairman; Nancy Jemiola-Cawley, Jack Hennessy; John Glennie; Donna Martin-Tap and Terri Audrain, Board Liaison.
- The Board unanimously voted to release the funds for the Activities Committee for the upcoming fiscal-year. The total funding for the Committee is $7,000.
- The Board unanimously voted to accept the proposal from Mona Electric in the amount of $14,850 for the East Building electrical switchgear maintenance. The Board also approved an additional expenditure for the services of Dominion Power; this expense should not exceed $2,000.
- The Board voted unanimously to renew a 5-year contract with Planned Building Services; the vendor who performs daily custodial services. The new agreement expires September 30, 2022.
- The Board voted unanimously to continue its existing relationship with HVAC Unlimited, Inc., by renewing a 3-year agreement with an optional 2-year extension.
- The Board unanimously approved the Fourth Annual Puppies in the Pool Day on Thursday, September 21 between the hours of 5:30 pm – 7:30 pm. (The make-up day for this event will be held on Friday, September 22.)
- The Board Treasurer reported that the Association is operating $29k better than budget at this time.
- There are currently 89 units that are leased by unit owners resulting in a current rental ratio of 16%. Also, there are an additional 18 units that are vacant.
- 245 residents participated in the SmarTrip Program last month.
Interested residents can review the information presented to the Board; copies of the Board report are available at the front desk for you to review. They are made available the Friday before each Board meeting.