Whole Foods Market Old Town is sponsoring a Back-to-School Festival on Saturday, August 11th from noon – 4 p.m. at John Carlyle Square Park in our neighborhood. Attendance is free and this first time community event features many fun and educational activities to help kids and their parents get ready for the new school year.
The Festival includes:
- Ease into Back to School Dinners — live cooking demonstrations from Michael Kiss, their Cooking Coach
- Build a Better Lunch Box — information from Lindsay, their Healthy Eating Specialist on how to pack a healthy lunch
- Back to School Supply Drive — “Fill the Bus” with school supplies to benefit Alexandria Public School students in need
- Fill Your Backpack — raffles and tasty giveaways from Whole Foods’ vendors Enter to win backpacks or lunch boxes and other school supplies from Crocodile Creek
- Whole Kids Foundation – Information on how to apply for a Whole Foods Foundation grant to put salad bars or a vegetable garden in your school
- Fun for Kids — face painting, “tattoos,” live music and more.
- Art-tastic — MySocial Canvas will host an art contest for kids
Thank you for supporting your local community.